Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Passion for Running




"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."
- Steve Prefontaine


It is almost 4 months when I first joined a fun run event. It all started with a 5K run category on Unilab Run United Leg 2 last August 20, 2011. Honestly, I'm not really serious about this running thing and I just tried it out of curiosity. But I was surprised as it all turned out into an unexpected passion for me. From 5K I immediately skipped the 10K and moved to 21K category after a month. But I also tried some 10K on the succeeding months.  The farthest run I ever had is 32K. Imagine that, in just 4 months I was able to run that far! That's what you call "Addiction!"

Until now I'm still wondering why I got hooked on this sport. Out of so many reasons, I can say running really brings me a sense of achievement and self-fulfilment. It doesn't matter whether I come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. What's important is I can proudly say "I have finished!" And it gives me a lot of satisfaction.

Here are my Personal Records:

5K   - 00:30:11  - Unilab Run United 2 - August 2011
10K - 00:55:21  -  Energizer Night Race - November 2011
21K - 02:04:29  - Adidas King of the Road - October 2011
32K - 03:29:41  - Unilab Run United 3 - November 2011
42K  ---------------------TBD---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment